- Office Depot has released its second annual catalog which highlights products from historically underused businesses (HUB) companies. Over 1,300 products are listed in the latest issue and include office staples and accessories. A full summary of this item can be found at Market Watch.
- Small business services are increasing across the country following the initiative set our by President Obama. Bank of America is just one of many major lenders offering new lending opportunities to small businesses.
- Kansas just wrapped up its Minority Enterprise Development (MED) week and honored its top companies during the 26th annual Minority and Women Business Awards Luncheon. Kansas state Senator Kelly has written an editorial article to encourage more growth for women- and minority-owned businesses in the state.
- The winners of the 27th annual Michigan Minority Supplier Diversity Council were celebrated at a recent ceremony.
- The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce and Minority Economic Development Council are combining forces, effective today. The council, also known as MEDC, will change its name to the Minority Business Partnership following the merger.
- The USHCC appointed its Regional Chair Positions, a full list of the appointments can be read here on MBEConnect
October 15, 2010