- Change, Fear and Entrepreneurship, including the perspective of one of the larges WBEs in the country. (via NJ.com)
- The cities of Hampton and Newport News in Virginia are seeing an increasing number of diverse businesses involved with municipal contracts.
- While it’s unfortunate that the Eastman-Kodak company has filed for Chapter 11 protection, on a brighter note, a rapidly expanding minority-owned business is moving into one of its business campuses and adding 100 new jobs. (via Brighton Pittsford Post)
- New charges have been filed against a Chicago-area woman for committing mail fraud and acting as the owner of a fraudulent women-owned business as a part of a scheme to land municipal contracts. (via Chicago Sun Times)
- Bill Finch, Mayor of Bridgeport, discusses the success of the city’s Small and Minority Business Resource Office (SMBRO) program and announces plans to fix its shortcomings. (via CTPost.com)
- American Express OPEN Forum discusses Connecting Minority-Owned Businesses to Corporate and Government Money. (via OPEN Forum)
February 14, 2012